If you want to increase your LinkedIn profile’s visibility and appeal, cold outreach is a great way to start. Cold outreach is when you reach out to people who are not connected to you through LinkedIn. This can be done by sending an email or creating a LinkedIn connection request.
By reaching out to people who aren’t connected to you, you increase the chances that they will view your profile and potentially connect with you. By doing this, you are also showing them that you are interested in connecting with them. Cold outreach is different from cold lead generation, which is when you acquire a new business by cold calling people. The goal of cold outreach is to make connections with potential business partners or customers without them knowing you’re looking for them.
LinkedIn’s global user base is expected to reach 774.61 million users in 2021. By 2025, the number of LinkedIn users worldwide is expected to reach 1,034.56 million. Company filings or press material, secondary research, app downloads, and traffic data were all used to estimate user numbers. They refer to the average monthly active users throughout the course of the period and only count multiple accounts by a single person.
Best Way To Find Potential Contacts On LinkedIn
One of the best ways to cold outreach on LinkedIn is by using the company’s search function. You can use this feature to find people who work for companies that are similar to yours, as well as people who have mentioned specific topics or industries that are relevant to your business. You can also create a custom-tailored search query by entering a specific phrase or keyword into LinkedIn’s search box. This can help you find more people who are interested in your industry.
Here are 6 tips for cold outreach on LinkedIn:
- Use the search bar at the top of the page to find people who are similar to your target market.
- Connect with people who have written about or worked in the industry your product or service covers.
- Join groups related to your target market and post relevant content.
- Join groups that have a high number of members with the same role as you and post relevant content.
- Look for people who are similar to your target market, but don’t necessarily have a connection to it, in the search bar at the top of LinkedIn.
Common Mistakes People Make With Cold Outreach On LinkedIn
Cold calling can be intimidating, and it’s natural to want to limit your interactions with new people. But you can only make meaningful connections with people on LinkedIn by contacting them, and keeping them up-to-date. So while it’s important to get started with cold outreach, you should also be prepared to do some follow-up.
- Don’t try to reach out to a lot of people all at once. If you don’t know anyone in your target market online, it’s best to start with one or two people who are relevant.
- Be specific as to why you are writing. If you send a message asking someone to connect with you on LinkedIn, they might be confused and wonder why you’re contacting them. Instead, ask that person to connect with you on LinkedIn if they have any questions or comments about your company.
- Be sure to send a message that’s directly relevant to the person. If you’re reaching out to someone who is not in your industry, they might be confused and wonder why you are contacting them at all.
- Be sure to include a call to action in your message. This should be clearly visible and provide some sort of incentive for the person to read further.
- If you are going to send an InMail, make sure it is professional.
1. What exactly does “cold outreach” imply?
Cold outreach is when you contact people with whom you have no prior relationship to market your product or service (by email, message, phone, etc.). Although it’s more difficult to succeed with than a warm outreach (when you already have a relationship with the recipient), there’s a large pool of possible contacts.
2. What is a LinkedIn Outreach message?
On LinkedIn, outreach is rather simple. Premium members have the ability to send messages to anyone on the network. Those who have yet to join the club must either acquire InMail Credits or limit their contacts to those with whom they have previously communicated.
Conclusion: Cold Outreach on LinkedIn can be Effective
In conclusion, cold outreach on LinkedIn can be an effective way to connect with potential customers or partners. However, it takes time and effort to create a good strategy and execute it well. By getting the help of a team of professionals, you can maximise your chances of success.
KLT Social will help you connect with your potential customers on LinkedIn.